The City of Weslaco embraces and fosters a college going culture, through partnerships with the local school systems, universities, and colleges.
- Weslaco ISD - Serves a student population of about 19,000 students with four high schools, four middle schools and 11 elementary schools. With an operating budget of $182.1 million and more than 2,000 employees, WISD is one of the largest employers in the city of Weslaco.
- South Texas ISD - Comprised of seven magnet schools throughout the Rio Grande Valley, where two are located in Weslaco (STISD Health Professions and STISD Science Academy).
- IDEA Public Schools in Weslaco - Serves Pre-K to 12th grade, with a student population of over 3,000, they are focused on student achievement and college readiness. IDEA Public Schools has two campuses and their regional headquarters located in Weslaco.
- Horizon Montessori Public School - Their mission statement is to provide the highest education possible to all students. Horizon Montessori has one campus and their regional headquarters located in Weslaco.
- South Texas College Mid Valley Campus - South Texas College offers 127 degree programs and certifications, 5 baccalaureate degrees, as well as continuing, professional and industry training programs and Dual Credit courses for eligible high school students that span over five campuses, two higher education centers, and one virtual campus.
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Center for Innovation & Commercialization - UTRGV CIC develops the next generation of RGV entrepreneurs by providing students with experiential learning opportunities in new venture creation.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension - Is a unique education agency with a statewide network of professional educators, trained volunteers, and county offices.
- Valley Grande Institute - With a focus on healthcare, VGI leads the development of young medical professionals to provide a workforce for the growing healthcare industry in the RGV, Texas & beyond.
Back to Top