As part of the City of Weslaco’s central location, it is positioned to offer the infrastructure needed with a variety of modes for your company’s supply chain logistics.
- Mid Valley Airport: Strategically located to allow its customers the most accessible option to business and pleasure throughout The Valley and Mexico. Direct highway access takes you to Harlingen or McAllen in 20 minutes … and to Mexico in 5 minutes.
- Highways: Our highway (IH2) runs east and west evenly through the center of Weslaco allowing for northern and southern business markets the proximity to a major thoroughfare.
- International Bridges: With international bridges along the Rio Grande Valley, you can choose the best route and access when distributing your products and/or shopping in the City of Weslaco.
Mexico's new transcontinental highway leads to trade, industry, tourism, and shopping to 13 international border crossings within an hour of Weslaco and two, Nuevo Progreso and Donna Rio Bravo International Bridges only 10 minutes to our south.
- Railroads: Railroad traffic is a useful gauge of economic growth in the City of Weslaco as Rio Valley Switching Company (RVSC) interchanging with Union Pacific, provides connectivity to all Valley cities in South Texas. RVSC services provide logistical transfer expertise in plastic packaging, auto parts, steel coil, and many other specialty service transfers.
From City Limits signs going east to west, the city maintains a fully operational railway system through Rio Valley Switching Company.
- Transportation: The term "transportation" takes on a different meaning with you are centrally located. You can drive in any direction and get to your destination in about 30 minutes.
- Port of Brownsville: A deepwater seaport in Brownsville, at the southernmost tip of Texas, is connected to the Gulf of Mexico by a 17-mile-long ship channel. With approximately 40,000 acres, the Port of Brownsville is also the largest land-owning public port authority in the nation.
|City of Weslaco||$0.6967|
|Drainage District #1||$0.1264|
|South Texas College||$0.1715|
|South Texas School||$0.0492|
- Texas Gas Service
- American Electric Power (AEP)
- Magic Valley Electric Co-op (MVEC)
- VTX 1
- Smart Com
- North Alamo Water Supply
Back to Top